Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Thursday, September 1, 2011

Etsy info

This was a response to a convo I had about international shipping, storage, etc.  I know some of it is repeats of stuff I've blogged about before, but I thought it might help some of you!



I ship all over the world, in fact this morning I will be shipping to Australia and Sweden!


The way I figure the weight of the item, is using a USPS scale that I bought from them, I have a box on there with some packing material, so that gives a bit of extra weight for a more accurate weight. I place the item or items on the box, and then add another pound.

If I'm sure it will be under 4 lbs (if it's over 4 lbs it has to ship priority for international shipping), then I will add the "everywhere else" price using the Australian cost, since there's is one of the most expensive. If shipping is less, I will just refund them.

I've learned the hard way to be careful with large items, because when shipping to CA, etc, and you use an oversized box, it will cost way too much!

As far as storage, if you remember Sanford & Sons, that's basically my house now. It's no longer a house but a storage unit! The only places off limit are my daughter's room, and the bathrooms! Fortunately I have a very supportive husband, and he keeps building me more shelves~!

I do have a box system also. I number boxes and on my listing will have the box number, as well as have the information on a spreadsheet for cross referencing.









No comments: