Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

I know I'll never forget 10 years ago.

I was at work, and my friend was listening to the radio and shouted out something about an airplane hitting a building in NYC!  And it went on from there.

I left very quickly after that.   When Ieft the building, I swear I saw one airplane in the sky above me, and still wonder if it was the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania.

 If something was going to happen, I wanted my children with me.  Mark was 9 and Katherine was 8.  I just calmy went to the school and asked to have my children released for the day.  I didn't panic them, but explained what had happened.  I then took them to the video store so we could just watch movies and not have the news on.

My older daughter, Lindsey, had just started her first year at college, so I worried about her (she was safe there).

I know everyone remembers that day.

Hearing more about the tragedy the past few days, has drained me.  My heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones, or were hurt by September 11th.  Thanks is not enough for all of the heroes that day, and the days (and months) that followed.

Appreciate what you have, everyday.

Jen

No comments: