Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Everyone Needs a Friend Like Jerry!

I have known my friend, Jerry, for several years now.  I met him at our local Goodwill, where he has worked for years.  He was definitely loved by everyone that passed through the Goodwill doors, and was like a gracious host of the store!  He always had a smile and said hello to everyone!
 
I must say, the first time Jerry came up to me and said hello, I wasn't sure what to think.  I couldn't imagine that anyone could be so genuinely happy and nice!  I soon learned that he was the real-deal!
 
Someone that is a bit ignorant may just think Jerry  is a "special needs" person.  I can honestly say Jerry is the most kind, sensitive, caring friend I have ever had!  So, yes, he definitely is special!  He is absolutely has the purest heart I have ever come across.  I could always tell when something was wrong with Jerry, he would try to act happy, but he would break down and tell me what was wrong.
 
I was also lucky enough to meet his Mom, Dorothy, who is a fantastic person!
 
Each year, for Jerry's birthday, I would bring him a card, and a balloon bouquet, and some little gift.  He would physically be shaking so hard with excitement, and jumping up and down and the same time!  Pure joy!!
 
A few months ago Goodwill let him go, and I am still not sure why.  I did try to find out, but no luck with that.  He does have a new job, so I'm hoping to visit him soon.
 
This is the email I received from him today.  He truly made my day, am I lucky, or what!?
 
"Dear jenny how are you doing today I'm doing good. Everythings doing great at work but I still miss goodwill I went to the fair and petted a horse and the home coming to dance to music and play some games on my wii I'm so glad to have a friend like you I don't know what id do without you.".


Jerry

No comments: