Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Monday, December 12, 2011

Caramel Dumpings

I wish I could find my Mom's recipe for the Caramel Dumplings she used to make!

I did find some recipes that looked similiar, and made these one awhile ago!  I'm going to try to make them again soon and post a pic, but here's the recipe!  FYI, yes, I am sure it has a lot of calories and it is a heavy dessert, but just workout a little extra, it's worth it!

Sauce ingredients:\
1 C brown sugar
2 T butter
1 1/2 C water

Batter ingredients:
1/2 C white sugar
2 T butter
1/2 C milk
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS:
Sauce: Combine brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan.  Cook over medium heat,stirring frequently, until sugar is carmelized.

Slowly (be careful!) add the water, stirring constantly.  Boil for a few minutes.

Pour into a small casserole.

Batter:
Cream the butter & sugar together.  Add the milk and then the dry ingredients.  Mix to blend.

Drop by spoonfuls into the caramel syrup.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Serve warm.  *I would add whip cream or icecream!

Bon appetit!

Jen

No comments: