Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vintage Shopping

I try so hard to stay away, but I can't help it! I went vintage shopping again this morning!

Royal Austrian plates


I can't decide what I love most about having my vintage Etsy shops!  I'm guessing the shopping part is the most fun, but I also love researching the pieces!  I probably learn something new about vintage/antiques everyday!  I have a good eye for nice pieces, but don't always know what I have.  I just know I love it, and am pretty sure others will too!

Johnson Bros


I have some great reference books, and the internet is full of information too!  I saw this Johnson Brothers set and knew I had to have it!  (There's more pieces!)


Coro, Trifari, and more!


I love vintage jewelry too!  The pieces are always so unique!  A lot of my customers use them for upcycle projects, which I would do too, if I thought I could!  While shopping for a wedding dress with my daughter Lindsey, they had a bouquet made out of vintage brooches, oh so pretty!

A story behind this


Vintage and antique pieces usually have a story behind them.  Sometimes you're lucky enough to have the story!  This retro ceramic canister (there are 4 in this set), I just purchased from a local thrift shop.  They know me there, and one of the volunteers was my neighbor growing up!  She wasn't there today, but the other ladies told me this was her set (her name is Mrs. Gumble)!  Isn't that great!?

Yes, definitely, the shopping is fun!  Meeting new people all the time, buying lovely things, researching them, it's my passion!

I'm lucky!

What's your passion!?

Jen

No comments: