Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Sunday, October 16, 2011

Parents Weekend and Ohio State!

Katherine and her kooky glasses!

We had a fun time visiting my daughter, Katherine, at Ohio State this weekend! 

We arrived Friday afternoon, then met Katherine, went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (not too far from OSU), then went back to OSU to see Robert Irvine from the Food Network.  That went on way too long (that guy is in love with himself).  My husband and I are both "foodies".  We love to cook and watch people cooking!  Bob happens to like the two shows that Robert Irvine are in, so he thought this might be good.  He thought wrong!  Not that it was absolutely horrible, just kind of strange!

The funniest part was, towards the end, Katherine and I decided to sneak out the closet door.  As soon as we went out the door, these two college girls came up to us and said they had snuck out too, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the area we were in, so we were all panicking!  We knew we couldn't go back in the place Irvine was in, because he'd probably make a spectacle of us and put us on stage!  We finally found an elevator though, and were able to find our way back! 

So the next day we had planned to go to a few of the "classes", but while eating lunch in one of the OSU cafeteria's (what fun it would be to be living at OSU with one of those swipe cards-free food all the time!), we all decided to ditch the classes!

Katherine was having trouble with her phone, so we walked to the phone place, and then drove to Whole Foods.  Bob & I had never been there and we loved it!

How cute is this!?

We definitely should have one in the Cleveland area!  There were all kinds of places not only to shop, but to sit down and eat a variety of foods!  Katherine is a vegetarian, so she needed to stock up on some of her stuff, and I'm so glad we went there!

Ignore my hair-bad hair day-very windy!

So back to OSU we went to drop Katherine off and say goodbye!  She's very happy there, which makes me happy!  We miss her already!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Jen

No comments: