Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick Lunch Idea

This has nothing to do with the recipe, but it's a cute Georges Briard bowl!

Next time, I will take a picture of this before eating it!  It's quick, easy, and you can make it as low fat as you want to!

I used whole wheat tortillas, two for each serving, butter the outside of the two pieces, place one on 2 fying pans, add shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, then place the other tortilla on top of that.  Cook at about medium-high heat for approximately 4-5 minutes, then flip it and cook about the same amount of time for the other side.

Again, this has nothing to do with the recipe, think of it as an annoying advertisement!


While that is cooking, heat up salsa verde (I buy a jar of it at Trader Joe's), in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Chop up tomato, green onion, black olives, lettuce, and whatever else you like! 

When the tortilla's are cooked, I cut mine into 4 triangles, then add whatever you like, I add all of it!

Quick and easy, and so yummy!

Enjoy!

Jen

2 comments:

Arlena said...

Lol....your "annoying advertisement" is adorable...:)
The lunch sounds good too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds soooo good. Drooling...especially with the salsa verde part!