Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dinner in 15 Minutes

Quick Low Fat Dinner

I started eating this yummy tilapia dinner, and decided I should take a picture of it and blog about it!  (So I'm not much of a food photographer!)

It's so easy, quick, inexpensive, and good for you!  And the best part, you can make it your own! I know this is low fat too (I ate a donut afterwards-geez)!!

I pat some flour on the tilapia and add it to a pretty hot pan that has some olive oil and butter (the flour gives it a crispier texture).  Cook at the higher heat for a minute or two, then lower the them to a medium heat for another minute or two, then flip and repeat! I then tent it with foil (off the burner) for about a minute to be sure it's completely cooked.

While that's cooking, I sauteed up some red and white onion, yellow and red bell pepper, green onions, over medium heat for about 4 minutes or so, then I added fresh baby spinach. I then put a lid on it, took it off the heat to steam for a minute or two.

I also squeezed some fresh lemon juice in the veggie mix.  You can add spices if you want, I didn't this time.

I also squeeze fresh lemon juice on the tilapia.

There you have it, a quick and easy dinner!

Change the fish to chicken, add whatever veggies you like (asparagus would be good)!

Enjoy!!

Jen

No comments: