Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Photography

I'm constantly learning what works when it comes to taking pictures of my vintage items from my Etsy shops!

I have come a long way from when I started my first shop in 2008, but still have trouble with certain things, such as clear glass!

Footed Tumblers from Hazel Atlas


As you can see by the above picture, not so great!  I did go ahead and list these, but I need help!  I know one thing that would help is to have something darker to contrast with the clear glass.  I have some of my favorite shops that are on the front page so often (one reason being, they're great photography)!  I have studied those quite often, and am trying to "tweak" mine.  I don't want to copy exactly what they do, but at least get some ideas!

I usually take my pictures in my "photography studio".  Don't be impressed, it's my little foyer at the front door of our house!

I also have a light box that my daughter, Lindsey, made me, which is good for smaller items like jewelry.

The camera I've been using is a Canon PowerShot SD790LS (or is that IS?).  I'm thinking of upgrading, so would love any input from you out there!

I've also been collecting vintage clothes to add to my shop.  That's another place I need help with my photography.  My favorite model, Katherine (happens to be my daughter), has been kind enough to spend some of her time modeling the clothes, but I just don't like the way the pictures look (nothing to do with Katherine!).  I've also studied some of my favorite vintage clothes shop, and I especially like the simpler shots. 

Cute dress, great model!


This is such a cute dress, but my bad photography does not do it justice!  So I'll be working on this before I list any of the cute clothes I have!

Help!!

Jen

No comments: