Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Monday, March 28, 2011

Quick & Easy Chicken Dinner



I love to cook, I know I've told you that before!  I love to watch cooking shows (my favorite lately is Lucinda Scala Quinn's Mad Hungry show), and I love to read all the cooking magazines!

I ate this dinner so quickly (or is it quick?) that I didn't get a chance to take any pics of it, but here's what I did:

I took some frozen chicken breasts (boneless, skinless).  Only thaw it for a little bit, that's the secret to making it easier to slice it into thin strips.  After thawing it for just a bit-you guessed it, I sliced it into thin strips.

Seasoned it with seasoning salt, italian seasoning (this is where you can make this dish your own, using whatever spices you like.  I also added some red pepper (I love a little heat).

Cooked it on one side with olive oil and butter, flipped it over and cooked it for jus a bit longer (still pink inside) then sealed it with foil (of course you can use a pan cover too).  Cook until the pink is gone.  I happened to have leftover rice, so I added some of that, about 1/4 C of heavy cream, 1/2 C water, and let it cook on low for awhile (sealed again).

While that was cooking I sauteed onions and mushrooms (one of my fav combos). 

After the chicken mixture was heated through, I put it on a plate, added my lovely onion/mushroom combo, and wow!  I loved it! 

Have fun cooking, make this recipe your own, but switching out items you love, maybe egg noodles or pasta instead of rice, and whatever veggies you like.  If you want it to be a lower calorie meal, leave out the cream and butter. 

Bon Appetit!

Jen

2 comments:

Reaction Designer Jewelry + Accessories said...

Love those glasses with the red & black and that coffee cup set!

jenscloset said...

Thanks for the comment! I get so excited when I see I have a comment on my blog! :)