Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Thursday, March 15, 2012

Estate Sales With Dad

Brian-the liquidator, and my Dad!


One of the best days I can remember (okay, not including my wedding, and the birth of my children~!), was the day I got to be my Dad's secretary for the day!  I'm not sure how old I was, guessing maybe around 12?  I got to answer his phones, and do other fun secretary stuff!

So here it is, years, oh-so-many-years later, my Dad joined me for one of my favorite parts of running my Etsy shops, shopping! 

Nippon (one of my estate finds)


My Dad had never been to an estate sale!! Can you imagine that!?  I wasn't sure he would be able to keep up with me, as I know what I like, and I can shop quick!  Sure enough he kept up, and I think he had fun!

We had so much fun at the first estate sale, that we went to a private estate sale, where my Dad got to meet one of my favorite people, Charlie!  Charlie helps out at the estate sales, and we've become good friends.  He was actually the police chief in the 1970s and 1980s in Lakewood, Ohio!

Another pretty estate find!

So who would have imagined, that one day, I would have my Dad as MY assistant!?

I hope he did have fun!!  Thanks Dad!!

Jen

No comments: