Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Storage

Yesterday I received a convo (if you're not familiar with Etsy lingo, that means conversation, kind of like an Etsy email), from a fellow vintage seller asking me where I store my Etsy items.  Here was my response:
Your house sounds like mine! The only safe place are the bathrooms!


It's everywhere, and I feel bad for my family! My sweet husband keeps building me more shelves, my living room (which used to be so neat) looks more like a store now!

He also built me lots of shelves in the garage to store all my boxes and packing material.

I do also keep a lot in boxes. I number the box, when I list something I will add that number to the listing (so when I sell it I will know what box it's in), and then also add it to a spreadsheet (so I have 2 sources for records).

I do try to keep like things together, such as my milk glass is grouped one 2-3 shelves, and my Pyrex is on several other shelves (and on my bedroom floor)!

I fear one of these days that the Hoarder show will be knocking on my door!

So now I'm off to find something I just sold (when I sell something, I usually say "I just sold something, I hope I can find it"!!

My 2 frustrations about having my 3 Etsy shops, is the cost of shipping, and storing all of my items!  I'm constantly working on improving those two!  I'll let you know if I come up with more ideas, or if you have any great ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Jen

No comments: