Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Monday, July 5, 2010

Thanks Barb!





This is a "shout-out" to my husband, Bob's sister, Barb! Thanks so much for the recipe for the pasta salad Barb!

Bob has been raving about this pasta salad that his sister Barb made and I knew I had to try it!

Here's the recipe:

(there are no exact measurements to this-just have fun!)

I used almost a box of "choo-choo" wheels (only because my Son, Mark, wouldn't let me use any of his prized pastas!). Cook, drained, rinsed under cold water, then drained again (of course!).

Mix in olive oil, red wine vinegar, and italian salad dressing

Let that set in the refrigerator overnight

The next day add seasoned salt (not too much) and fresh ground pepper

Then add more olive oil, red wine vinegar, and the italian dressing and mix. Cut up whatever veggies you like, I used what Barb used, which included green and black olives (oh how I love olives!), cucumber, celery, carrots (I'm thinking onions would be good too). You'll see two of my pics don't have any tomatoes in them. I thought it would be better not to add that until I was ready to serve it, but my taste tester, Bob, said I should just add it (he's a genius), so I did!

After my taste tester Bob tried it, he liked it-yay!! He did think Barb had a little more olive oil in hers, so I added more!

Another shout out goes to my Pyrex and Corelle collection! The pic with several pieces of my Pyrex is such a small fraction of the collection I have here! Some already listed in my shop http://www.jenscloset.etsy.com/ -some still to list, and some of it is my own personal collection I use everyday!

Barb also has a collection of Pyrex, I hope to see soon! Everything just looks better in Pyrex, don't you agree Barb!?

My best to all-and happy day after the 4th of July! Happy eating!

Jen

1 comment:

LindseyMarcella said...

i call dibs on the gooseberry!