Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Friday, May 17, 2013

Grandpa Picker

I believe I've created a monster!  My Dad, who I now refer to as "Grandpa Picker" is really starting to enjoy the vintage hunt!

Proudly carrying our "loot"
 Yep, that's my Dad!  This is a man who had is own actuarial business (super successful too!) for years!  I actually worked for him off and on for more than 25 years. That's what makes this even more interesting! Now he's kind of working for me!

Who would have thought my Dad would love being a picker like me!?  We try to go to an estate sale or thrift ship almost once a week.

Charlie the Estate Guy
 I'm so happy my Dad finally was able to meet one of my favorite estate sale guys, Charlie!  What a sweet guy he is!  Charlie was a local police chief for years, so it just goes to show you, you're never too old to find a new passion!

I told my Dad we should have our own picker reality show.  Most of the time, you'll find my Dad hanging out on a sofa somewhere while I scurry around finding things I just have to have!

Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget, my birthday is this coming Monday, so you should go shopping this weekend!!

Jen  

1 comment:

A. Sparkle said...

Oh what fun it sounds like you have! I've always to go to an estate sale just to see what it's like. :) obtw, Happy Birthday to you fellow May baby! Mine is on the 29th of this month.