Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Time For Jen's Crappy Craft Tutorial!



"Hey Jen, when are you going to do another crappy craft?" 

Yes, you've be asking for this for so long, I thought it was time to show another Crappy Craft from Jen!

You see, in my mind, when I see something pretty, I think...."maybe I could do that".  But it never works out quite the same!

The artistic stuff really passed me by!  My Mom could do everything, from the 70's decoupage, needlepoint, knitting (won blue ribbons for her afghans), oil painting, I could go on and on!  Both of my daughters, Lindsey & Katherine, are amazing artists too!  I called Lindsey (27) an old soul!  Lindsey creates the most gorgeous quilts, she can whip up the cutest outfits on her sewing machine (she has a fashion design degree), designs jewelry (she had 2 shops on Etsy), knits, crochets, and more!  Katherine, well, I call her mini-Martha (as in the notorious Martha Stewart)-yep-kind of scary when she's decorating cookies or cupcakes.  I don't even try to help her!  If you need a handmade greeting card, Katherine will create the most adorable cards!

So, back to me!  Nope, it passed me by!  But that doesn't mean I won't keep trying!

There's an Etsy shop I just love.  Can't think of the name right now, but she inspired me to try to create something!  So off to Pat Catan's I went, and $70+ dollars later, I had a bag of stuff!

So I took these cute cardboard heart shaped boxes, painted them, sprinkled them with glitter, and adorned them (that makes me sound creative when I use words like that) with pretty strings of pearls, lace, pastel buttons, and more!  I only burnt myself a few times on the hot glue gun!

I don't think they're too bad-for me!

In fact, I had so much fun, I'm going to make more tomorrow!  Oh..I do love to cook, and so that's a great way for me to use what creativity I do have!

Happy Crafting!

Jen

No comments: