Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!




Wake up! Wake Up!  It's Christmas morning!

It's a little strange when you find, all of a sudden, you're up earlier than the kids!  It seems like yesterday that they were waking me up at some crazy time, like 5 a.m.! 

Actually, it was my oldest daughter, Lindsey (she was 26 last year), that woke up her younger siblings at like 6 a.m. last year!  This year she wasn't here to wake us up, and now I miss that!  She will be here later today, so traditions are changing!

I guess this happens sooner or later, but here it is 9:30 a.m., and I've been up for almost 2 hours, my husband just made me my wonderful breakfast (I'm spoiled-he does this every weekend!), and here I am, updating my blog!

Hopefully my younger two, Mark & Katherine (17 and 19), will be up soon to open a few of their gifts.  My Dad will stop by for a quick visit, and then we're off to my sister Susan's house for an early dinner.

By the time we get back, Lindsey should be here!  Then we will do some fun unwrapping of gifts!

Yep-times they are a-changin'! 

So if you have little ones that have woken you up at a crazy early time, remember, it won't last forever, so enjoy that special sparkle in their eyes (if you can keep your eyes open long enough)!

Merry Christmas to all and here's to a wonderful 2011!

Cheers!

Jen

3 comments:

vintage eye said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Up at 8 here. The dogs are playing with their new toy. The humans are slugging down coffee & lounging in pajamas. Enjoy your day!

jenscloset said...

my grandpuppy, Cosmo, will be here later! his favorite gift--bacon-I wrap it up in tissue-and he jumps through the piles of gifts looking for it!!

Tiffany Jewelry said...

I like it!I hope you have a wonderful New Year. May every day hold happy hours for you.