Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gift Ideas for the Baker and a Great Sugar Cookie Recipe!

Early American Pyrex

Fun little Xmas tree molds

Retro Fire King Bowl

Vintage Mirro Aluminum star molds

I hope you're not tired of hearing about gift ideas!

I have some fun retro gift ideas for the baker!  I love to cook and bake and definitely consider myself to be a "foodie".  The food channel is usually on all day in my house, even if I'm not watching it, I can usually hear it from the next room!

Today I will be making some Christmas cookies, with a recipe I've used for years now.  It's from "Mrs Fields Cookie Book" 1992.

Here it is!

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Preheat oven to 325 (that's her secret-a lower temp oven for a longer period of time)

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 t salt
3/4 c salted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 t pure vanilla extract
 (yields 3 dozen cookies)

In a medium bowl combine the flour & salt with a wire whisk.
In a large mixing bowl cream the butter & sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Add the egg & vanilla, and beat until well mixed.  Scrape down sides of bow, then add the flour mixture.  Blend on low speed just until combined.  Do not overmix!
Gather dough into a ball; flatten the ball into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.  Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4" thickness.  With cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  You can add colored sugar or if you're doing icing, leave them plain.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, being careful not to brown.  Immediately transfer to a cool, flat surface.

and have fun!!

Jen

No comments: