Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fettuccine Alfredo

My food pictures never look to good, but believe me, this was yummy and quick to make!  Warning: it is not a diet food, although you could "tweak" it to be a bit more "figure friendly".

I used angel hair, much quicker than fettuccine noodles, and a bit lighter.

Boil cut up broccolli (or steam it).  While that's boiling, get your water boiling for the pasta.  And while that's boiling, melt some butter, 2-3 tablespoons, or so.  Add about 2 tsps of flour, stir constantly on low for just about a minute to get the flour cooked.  I gradually add 1 cup of a time of heavy cream (good place to tweek or tweak with a lighter version of something), as that thickens up you can add more cream.  I also add a dash of nutmeg, and salt and pepper.  Grate some parmesiano reggiano (I'm probably messing up on spelling but I'm excited), add that to the sauce.  While you're making the sauce you can dump in the angel hair, that only takes about 3-4 minutes too cook.

Done!  Put the pasta on a pretty plate (I always think it tastes better), pour the yummy sauce over it, and add the delicious broccolli.  Cheaper and quicker than going out!

Enjoy!

Jen

No comments: