Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Sunday, January 6, 2013

EtsyPreneurship

I'm practically famous!  I was interviewed for the Etsypreneurship book and am featured on page 168 and 169!

Etsypreneurship 

This book is a must have for all Etsy shop owners!  It was written by Jason Malinak.  After helping his wife with the business side of her shop, he thought others might like the same help!

I thought I would talk a bit about one chapter every so often. 

Chapter 3 talks about bookkeeping.  I have to admit, I wasn't the best at keeping books when I first started my Etsy shops!

Jason talks about the important bookkeeping words. 

 One is revenue; this is all the money you receive from customers.  It includes any money that you pay for your product, including sales tax and shipping fees.

Another important bookkeeping word is expenses.  Expenses are anything you spend money on to run your business.

Cost of goods sold; the cost of the materials used to make one product is the cost of the goods.  When the item sells, it becomes a cost of goods sold.

That is just the "tip of the iceberg" on Chapter 3!  This book is available for purchase on Amazon.com.  Etsypreneurship by Jason Malinak.  I highly recommend it!

Happy sales!

Jen  

No comments: