Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Can't Stop Eating This Pasta Salad

My latest culinary creation, and I can't stop eating it!! That is why I've decided to name this "I Can't Stop Eating This Pasta Salad"!

I do not like using recipes; mainly because I am so bad at following directions!  I do love the prep work!  I love chopping veggies!

This is a pasta salad you can make your very own, add what you love, leave out the stuff you cannot stand!

I am a bit partial to using vintage bowls, like this cute Pyrex Spring Blossom mixing bowl!  If you need a vintage Pyrex bowl, head to http://www.jenscloset.etsy.com for a huge selection of retro bowls!  All of your salads will taste better!

Here's what I did:

Boil elbow noodles (make sure to salt the water!).

Chop up veggies into tiny pieces (so you don't get a big chunk of just one flavor).  I used cucumber, radishes, red onion, green onions (scallions), red and yellow pepper, celery, green and black olives, and I think that's it.  I also cut up tomatoes but did not add them directly to the salad, since they would get kind of "mushy", so just add that to the separate bowls of pasta salad.  I added olive oil, red wine vinegar, italian seasoning, dijon mustard, salt & pepper, garlic salad, lemon zest, dried dill weed, dried parsley flakes (only because I didn't have fresh).

I let my pasta cool a bit and then added olive oil, red wine vinegar, a tiny dash of sugar, salt & pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.  After it's completely cooled you can add the veggie mix.

It's all about making it pretty! Beautiful color and textures, since we eat with our eyes (which would be really weird if we really ate with our eyes).

Make it your own!  It's a refreshing salad, and since we're having seafood for dinner tonight, I thought this would be the perfect accompaniment to the meal!

Have fun in the kitchen!!

Jen



No comments: