Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Friday, February 21, 2014

Jen's Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup

I just whipped up a so-delicous broccoli cheddar cheese soup, so I thought I would share it!

Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
 
I started by melting 3-4 T of butter, add a tablespoon, or so, of flour, cook on low for a minute, add approximately 2 cups of whole milk, on medium high, stirring occasionally until thickened.  Add a dash of nutmeg, dry mustard, and salt & pepper.  Then dump in as much shredded cheddar cheese as you like (I also had a mix of italian cheese that I added).  Stir until all mixed.  I then added about 2 cups of chicken broth to that mixture.

This actually should be stop one! Take a head of broccoli and chop it up (I use some of the stalk too), next time I will chop mine a bit smaller.  Boil, then put a lid on it and take it off the heat (I don't like to overcook the broccoli).  Let that sit for about 5 minutes.  Then take a cup or so of the cooked broccoli, add to the blender with (okay I am going crazy with my font-not on purpose), with about a cup of chicken broth and blend.  Add that to the cheese mixture, and add the rest of the cooked broccoli.  Taste test to see if it needs more salt & pepper.  It's quick and easy and delicious! Did I mention it is not fattening at all!!?  No, I did not, because that would be lying!  I guess I should have worked out more than an hour this morning!

Enjoy!

Jen

1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

PINNED!! It sounds delish :)