Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Monday, February 3, 2014

What's for lunch!

I love cooking - and eating!

Fresh and crispy broccoli salad  
 I chopped broccoli into tiny pieces, along with chives, radishes, red onion, celery, and carrots.  I topped mine with bit of ranch dressing, but you can be healthier and just add a bit of olive oil and one of your favorite vinegars!

Potato soup and more
 If you read my blog (well thank you very much-I love you!), you know I love to make soup, and most of them are made the same way, just different ingredients, depending on what I have in the kitchen that day.  This was started with a bit of olive oil and butter, some red onion and chopped red potatoes (chop them small enough that they won't take forever to cook).

I also added diced carrots and celery.  I still had a ton of broccoli left, so after I had cooked the other ingredients for awhile, I tossed in the broccoli.  I cooked that a bit longer, and then added yummy baby portabella mushrooms, and just cooked about 5 more minutes.  Season as you go along, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, thyme.

I added some chicken broth, but you could also use veggie broth.  For some protein I added garbanzo beans, and I also added elbow noodles.

For the finishing touch, why not a bit of heavy cream!?  It sweetens it up and makes it creamy (you just need about 1/4 cup).  Oh, I also added chives when everything was cooked, for some color and freshness.

That's it!  Try it, it is delicious!

Jen

No comments: