Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Made with love by my Mom

Mother's Day is almost here!

I think about my Mom everyday.  Truly she was one of the most devoted Mom's in the world!  She was also my best friend.

Needlepoint by Mom

My Mom passed away, suddenly, in August of 1994. 

I think my oldest daughter, Lindsey, was around 10 years old.  My Mom helped raise Lindsey, since I moved back here after a divorce in 1989.  I couldn't have done it without her and my Dad!

Mark and Katherine were just babies and only 14 months apart!  My Mom would come over every afternoon to help with the kids, and give me a chance to get out and pick up Lindsey at school.

Can't you just feel the love that comes through these pillows!?

I will always cherish the fun times I had with my Mom, and the devotion she had for all 5 over her children, and all of her grandchildren.


This one refuses to turn the right way!


My daughter, Lindsey, is going to be married June 9th!  Since she was with my Mom so much of the time, she's like a mini-Mona (my Mom's name)!  That's a good thing!  My Mom was always a lady.  She had style and class.  She also was so smart, and had a great sense of humor!  I will definitely be thinking of her on this special day, and know she will be there!

This is for all the Mom's out there that would give up everything for their children.

Happy Mother's Day.

Jen (I should say "Jennifer", since my Mom called me that)!

P.S. The pretty needlepoint pillows were made by my Mom.  She actually had a needlepoint shop in the 1970s called "The Nasty Needles"!

No comments: