Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

Never Forget
"They're blowing up the f-ing Pentagon!" Words from my friend Toni. 

I was at work.  We were all in a state of shock.

I knew I wanted my children with me.  I left work and picked up Katherine & Mark from their elementary school.  I know the principal would have preferred they stayed there and kept things as normal as possible.  But I knew what I wanted.  I wanted my kids with me.  I did not panic them.  I took them to the video store and had them get movies and video games.  I kept them close to me, but also watched what was unfolding on television.

I did explain to my kids what was going on.  I did not go into too much detail, because I did not want to scare them.

My older daughter, Lindsey, was at college. I could not wait for her to get home.


Remember what is important to you.

Remember when you're having a bad day, it could be worse.

Don't forget the sacrifices that have been made so we can have our freedom.

Don't forget that tragic date, September 11th, and those that lost their lives for us.

Jen

No comments: