Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter




Happy Easter!
I love springtime! I get to put away those heavy sweaters and coats and bring out my cute bright cotton skirts, shorts, tshirts...and all of my summer sandals!

I've been spring cleaning for the past few days and managed to collect about 8 bags of clothes that I know I am not going to wear and will be donating them to a few of the charities that pick up every month or so right at our house! There's the Purple Heart Vets, Vietnam Vets, and Easter Seals, to name a few. Be sure to have them leave a receipt! If you donate enough throughout the year, it's a tax deduction.

I also cannot wait to start planting my annuals! The first ones I plant are the pansies. Believe it or not, they are quite tough, despite their name! Even if that surprise snow comes once more (and it does happen), they will survive! It's still a little early to start the planting, but not too early to start checking out my local garden centers!

Spring is a great time for new beginnings! A fresh new start! Open the windows, let the fresh air in. Bring out the spring and summer clothes. Think about your garden and start planning. Heck, I may even attempt to tackle the cleaning of our basement....well...maybe!!

So put your timer on for 20 minutes. Don't go near that computer! Get to work! When that timer goes off, you will be amazed at what you were able to accomplish in such a short amount of time! Then you can pat yourself on the back, put the time on for maybe 10 minutes for that computer break (or whatever)..and then back to work! It works for me! Try it!
Happy Easter! Happy Spring! Happy new beginnings!

Jen

No comments: